Mathew Newman February 5 2010 07:52:57Just found an additional benefit to adding a Notes application to: "Always show in search list".
While reading an email I highlighted some text to do a google search on a phrase and noticed my custom search database in the search list - way cool!
In my case it's our CRM system, so all I need to do is highlight a name, location, company, etc - then Right click, highlight search and choose "ISW contacts". Any matching results are now displayed in a new window.
You can do this for any application, pretty simple:
- Open the database you want to have always available as a search option,
- Hit the drop-down on the search tool-bar,
- Choose "Always show in search list".
Business case; Help desk staff can locate a call with three clicks, Sales staff can refer to orders or customer history with three clicks, Users can call up a contact's details with three clicks etc, etc...
Here's how to do it:
1. Open the database you would like to always search:
2. In the Search tool-bar, click the drop down, and choose; "Always show in search list"
3. From ANYWHERE in Notes, highlight the word or phrase you would like to find, then Right-Click within the highlighted area, point to search and then choose your database added @ step 1:
4. The results:
That's it, have already added even more of our standard databases to my search-list and am enjoying the benefits of our INTEGRATED Notes environment.
Just one more reason WHY we use Lotus Notes: "Access virtually any information, from anywhere!" as I discussed @ Lotusphere 2010 during BP306 - How to sell Notes to your users