Mat Newman March 20 2013 09:36:43Another one from Twitter:
Is there any way to show Birthdays and Anniversaries from my Lotus Notes personal Contacts database in my Lotus Notes Calendar"
But that got me thinking. Thanks to the "Show Calendars" overlay feature included in Notes a while ago, ANY Lotus Notes database which includes a Calendar view can be overlaid in your personal Calendar.
Problem: The Lotus Notes personal Contacts database (names.nsf on 'local') does not contain a calendar view that will show the Birthdays and Annviersaries you have added to your contact details.
Solution: Create a calendar view in the personal Contacts database.
At the end of this blog post is a download which when opened provides a 1-click option that will add a calendar view to your personal Contacts database in Lotus Notes.
- Open the dowloaded database (notesbaa.nsf),
- Read the instructions,
- Click the "Add Birthday Anniversary Calendar to your own Contacts" button,
- Open your own Lotus Notes calendar
- Expand the "Show Calendars" option in the Navigator,
- Click "Add a Calendar",
- Choose "Notes Application Calendar",
- Type a label; eg: "Birthdays and Anniversaries",
- Click the browse button to open your own contacts; for me it's "Newman's Contacts" or names.nsf "On My computer",
- Choose the (Birthdays and Anniversaries) view,
- Choose to view offline if you want the calendar to sync with IBM Notes Traveler,
- Choose a colour and icon,
No guarantees. No Liability. Your Mileage May Vary. Use at your own risk. Caveat Emptor.
Download Calendar installer (<- Right-Click and Save Target)
That's it. Adding contacts Birthdays and Anniversaries to your own Lotus Notes calendar. Easy!