IBM Notes and Domino V9.0.1 Social Edition delivers quality and usability enhancements to help power social business
Mat Newman October 29 2013 03:45:12Today marks another milestone in Notes/Domino's 24 (well .. almost) year history, General Availability of IBM Notes and Domino 9.0.1.
In summary, some of the enhancements include the following:
IBM Notes® and Domino software brings social collaboration and business applications together in a single, easy-to-use environment, with just-in-time access to applications and email across a wide range of client devices. IBM Notes and Domino software enables users to seamlessly tap into the knowledge of people both inside and outside of the company.
IBM Notes and Domino V9.0.1 Social Edition enhancements
- Deployment improvements for OpenSocial components
- Multiuser integration assistant support for Notes Browser Plugin
- Ability to add, modify, and delete online meetings for calendar entries
- Update Linux™ Print Library to replace deprecated library
- Enable mail-in application (not user's mail file) support in Notes Browser Plug-in
- Supports preference to turn off iNotes ultralight attachments
- Supports iNotes ultralight mobile device viewer (with IBM Connections)
- Expanded Active X support for standard users
- Support for Auto Save
- Improved spell checking performance
- Supports full mode mail, calendar, contacts accessibility
- IBM Domino server installation now fully accessible. Additional accessibility support added for IBM iNotes and XPages
- Attachment security settings
- Out-of-office support for Android and Apple iOS devices
- Support for Prevent Copy messages on Android and iOS devices
- Attachment streaming optimizations
- Support for adding online meeting information into calendar entries for Apple, Android, BlackBerry, and Microsoft™ Windows™ Phone, Microsoft Windows RT, Microsoft Windows Pro devices
- Support for adding meeting room information on Apple devices
- Improved calendar notification handling
- Android client enhancements
- Meeting support enhancements
- Support for attachments and inline images on Microsoft Windows Pro and Microsoft Windows RT devices
- Open Source currency
You can, of course, read more about it HERE: http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_ca/1/897/ENUS213-481/index.html&lang=en&request_locale=en
Besides the features mentioned above, there are a number of functionality improvements within Notes, Domino and Designer ( http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/ddwiki.nsf/dx/IBM_Domino_sla_Domino_Designer_9.0.1_-_Whatapos__New_for_Application_Development_ ) which I tweeted about earlier, and will be following up with some posts for the things not covered in the overviews in the next couple of days.
Hello 9.0.1 ... it's great to FINALLY meet you!